Re: Current Qmail-SQL Status

Hello Brent,

Sorry for my late reply: i've been very busy ....

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 02:03:09PM -0700, Brent S. Clark wrote:
> Hello fellow Qmail-sql'ers!
>
> I have been using qmail-sql for quite sometime and love it. It does
> exactly what I want.
>
> Looking over the WWW site and noticed a couple things that prompted some
> questions. Thought I'd ask the questions and see what happens. :)
>
> 1- The WWW site says "Current version: v 0.25 - released nov 27 2003", but
> I know I have downloaded a much newer version. In fact on the download
> page you can grab qmail-sql-1.03-0.26pre4_2, the latest as of 17JUL2004.
> Anyone going to fix the WWW site?

It's indeed a pre-release and i won't update the website until the 'real'
version is released.

> 2- Is there any planned or known "newer" versions due out? I sure hope so.
> Of course qmail-sql can be that good not to need updating. :)

2 things in the pipeline:
- integrate support for sqlite
- quota-checking on smtp-level: there are a lot of problems with quota on
  smtp-level, but i think i found a solution

> 3- I see a patch for netqmail. I know allot of qmail-ers are going this
> way using the netqmail packages. Will qmail-sql be going that way or will
> we always have the option?

I'm happy with qmail-1.03. There probably will be support for netqmail but
i won't rush it ;)

> 4- Has anyone have a document that explains how to get a
> vacation\autoresponder, anti-spam and anti-virus working with qmail-sql?
> How about just qmial?
>
> Well thats all my questions for now. Thanks for the help!!
>
> Brent Clark

Kind regards,
Michael Devogelaere.