Re: Email Addresses as usernames

I understand that by default (check_host yes) all usernames are of form
<user>@<domain> so the coresponding sql would be:

... WHERE login='<user>' AND virtual_host='<domain>'

I don't believe you want virtual_host=''

Also check the domain_separators option and maybe localpop.

Hope that helps and it is what you want.

Bye,

Klemen

Dahnke, Eric (Company IT) wrote:
Hello,

Is it possible to use email addresses as usernames with qmail-sql?

Assume my email address and username are both eric@xxxxxxxxxx, and a
login value of 'eric@xxxxxxxxxx' is in the passwd table and
check_host=no.

checkpassword-sql query finds a record:
		WHERE login='eric@xxxxxxxxxx' AND virtual_host=''

qmail-getpw query does not find a record:
		WHERE login='eric' AND virtual_host=''

I assume that qmail-getpw gets the login value from the mailbox part of
the email address? If so, is it possible to use Email Addresses as
usernames with qmail-sql?

Thanks for the great software, Eric