qmail-smtpd checpassword sql + qmail+sql

hi i have succesfully installed qmail+sql + postgresql on freebsd with the latest checkpassword patch and it work fine but i want to know why i can't succesfully login into my smtp auth i have LOGIN PLAIN CRAM-MD5 algorithm for authentification . so my question is how must i do for succesfull auth. do i must add a new table to my db or change password encryption for the passwd table,
Please help,I'm really in trouble.
Thanks,
James snipes