Re: first problem using qmail-sql

Mrad James Deane wrote:

Hi,i have succsesfully setup qmail-sql on my freebsd box and i have setup the pgsql database and table cleanly but i have a problem using checkpassword authentification when creating a test user and tryin to login using qmail-pop and the patched checkpassword i can't authentificate saying authorization fails in the log file but i'm really in trouble cause qmail-getpw works fine and there is a database connection and when i watch the pg log file i'm founding : unexpected EOF connection
Please help.
Thaks ,
James mrad

I suspect you are having the same problem I had when I switched from mysql to pgsql.

Please read my post on the list archives about the memory allocation bug.
http://qmail-sql.digibel.be/archive/msg00415.html

If you apply that patch to checkpassword, that issue will be fixed.

Beware this other issue.
http://qmail-sql.digibel.be/archive/msg00424.html

I have submitted these in patch format to helios-qmail, hosted on sf, if you want them in patch format.

Regards

Russell Smith