Re: libpq.so.4 not found.

Jamie Doherty wrote:

I am using netqmail 1.05 and PostgreSQL 8.0.3.  The application
compiles successfully, but when I qmail_getpw I received the error:

./qmail-getpw: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.4:

I have postgres installed in /usr/local/pgsql and sql.lib contained:
-L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq when I compiled the application.  I am
sure I have more problems than just qmail-getpw, primarily smtpd. Just wondering if anyone experienced a similar problem.

Jamie
using -L just tells the compiler where to find the library. You probably need
to add /usr/local/pgsql/lib to /etc/ld.co.conf  and rerun ldconfig

You can find out what it thinks about linked libraries by running
ldd qmail-getpw

If you do those, you should be able to run all programs that require postgresql libraries.

Regards

Russell Smith