mailbox size calculation issue with soft links

Hi everybody,
I am using qmail and courier for my email server. While using shared folders I am facing problem with qmail-sql. It is including shared-folders ( which is a soft link in Maildir folder ) while calculating the mailbox usage of a user. Because of this I am not able to control quota limit for users properly.
Please tell me if there is any solution to this. Your hints and directions will also help. I have tried searching it in documentation and web, but could not get any info.

thanks
Amol Bhutada