Re: Qmail-sql and MS SQL Server/ODBC Questions

Hello Philip,

You should install the development-files of the unixODBC package on your
computer. With Redhat, this package is called something like unixodbc-devel.
In sql.headers: options passed to the compiler to find the unixODBC-header
files. Something like '-I/path/to/includes/unixodbc'.
In sql.lib: unixODBC-library used by the linker. Something like
'-L/path/to/libs -lodbc'.
With RedHat, you can put an empty line in sql.headers. '-lodbc' should
be enough for sql.lib.
There is currently no further documentation about the ODBC-installation:
you should definitely consult the official documentation about unixODBC and
how to install the Microsoft-driver. I think it's the same one as the
sybase-driver ? For a related project i use the freetds-libraries to
communicate with a microsoft sql-server. Those libraries implement the
Sybase-protocol.