[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
problem with qmail-smtpd and 'This user has no Maildir'
- To: qmail-sql@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: problem with qmail-smtpd and 'This user has no Maildir'
- From: David Reoch <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:20:06 -0400
- Delivered-to: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing-list: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20030225
I've got qmail built and installed, with the package in place to auto
create user's homedir.
All tests run OK. qmail-getpw gets everything it's supposed to from the
I'm running qmail-smtpd from xinetd on RedHat 7.3 with the supplied
When I run 'qmail-smtpd' from the command line, and issue the "rcpt to:
user@xxxxxxxxxxxx" I see qmail hit the database fine.
Problem 1: When I telnet to port 25 on the qmail server, which spawns
the process from xinetd, but immediately closes the tcp connection as
# telnet mailhost 25
Connected to mailhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
-ERR this user has no $HOME/Maildir
Connection closed by foreign host.
Any ideas on why i'm getting this?
how the heck do I debug the qmail processes? I don't see any debug
options to run them as?