[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
SMTP Auth - CRAM-MD5 AUTH types
- To: qmail-sql@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: SMTP Auth - CRAM-MD5 AUTH types
- From: Jeremy Kusnetz <JKusnetz@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:25:11 -0400
- Delivered-to: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing-list: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
Anyone get SMTP-Auth working with CRAM-MD5 Auth types?
I've gotten SMTP-Auth to work with Outlook and Netscape, but it doesn't work
According to the SMTP-Auth patch
http://members.elysium.pl/brush/smtp-auth/client.html Eudora only does
CRAM-MD5 authentication. According to the README.auth, in order to do
CRAM-MD5 encryption you need to have plain text passwords. But the
Qmail-SQL patch to checkpassword only works with encrypted passwords pulled
from the database. Any ideas? Am I completely confused here?