Re: Problem by compiling on rh 7.3

Hi,

Michael Devogelaere wrote:

> > > The error is caused by another qmail running at the same time you're compiling
> > > and installing qmail-sql: make sure the other qmail isn't running anymore
> > > before installing qmail-sql. In fact: remove it first, since you might
> > > get conflicts between them.
> >
> > Before installing I stopped the qmail with qmailctl stop.Is it not good?
> It stops qmail-send, which gently asks qmail-remote to stop: if qmail-remote
> was still sending a message to another computer it won't get interrupted and
> will stop after completing the transfer. So there's a pretty good chance it
> will work now since the message will probably be sent. If not, you might
> try 'killall -9 qmail-remote'.
> Similary: make sure your qmail-smtpd doesn't run anymore: stop the superdaemon
> spawning your qmail-smtpd's: tcpserver/inetd/xinetd. And also stop the
> ongoing qmail-smtpd's with 'killall -9 qmail-send'.
> It sounds rude, but qmail was designed to handle this situations ;)

It solved the problem!

I am going to the next steps of the instruction.

The next problem is that by the first installation of qmail ( It is only test
instllation and do not contain any real data) I selected to use mailboxes ( I do not
know why! It was so in the instruction). As I readet it will be very good to migrate
to Maildirs. I will do it, but I do not will to create any dir's for my users.
Is it possible to config this migration from maiboxes to maildirs with qmail-sql. And
exest any instruction about it.
Sorry for my questons, but it looks that qmail-sql is not very good documented or I
can not find the right documentation.

regards,
ivan.