Re: Problem by compiling on rh 7.3

Hi Michael,
thaks for the answer.

Michael Devogelaere wrote:

> Hello Ivan,
>
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 02:13:20PM +0100, pginfo wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I am tring to compile qmail-sql on rh 7.3 using pg 7.3.1
> > I readet the installation guid before begin.
> > I pached the qmail by trying to run make setup check (int the qmail src
> > directory)
> > the system returns:
> >
> > # make setup check
> > ./install
> > install: fatal: unable to write .../bin/qmail-remote: text busy
> The error is caused by another qmail running at the same time you're compiling
> and installing qmail-sql: make sure the other qmail isn't running anymore
> before installing qmail-sql. In fact: remove it first, since you might
> get conflicts between them.

Before installing I stopped the qmail with qmailctl stop.Is it not good?

How to remove it?

> > Pls., help me to correct the problem.
> >
> > Also I readet the srcipt for creating the data base.
> > I think in pg 7.3.1 do not exists the type datatime.
> > I changed it to timestamp. Is it correct?
> I haven't yet tried PostgreSQL 7.3, but you can safely replace datetime
> by timestamp: it will take slightly more space in the database but that's
> the only impact i'm aware of.
>

> > Also I have anoder question: How stable will work qmail + qmail-sql as
> > pop3 ?
> I don't understand what you mean: would you run qmail as mta and
> checkpassword-sql as pop3-daemon ?

I will to use qmail ( with postgreSQL) for: - smtp server for sending mail
 - pop3 server for receiving mail from clients. Clients are not users for the
linux. It will not have linux login and dir's.
 - If possible for imap cliens and also with web-interface for checking and
sending mail. But it will be in the future.

> Regards,
> Michael.

  Regards,
ivan.