Re: Found the problem -- Re: trouble with alias

Hi,

This is the intended behaviour. The parameter only affects qmail-smtpd and
won't affect local deliveries since they get in the queue through
qmail-inject.
Qmail-smtpd runs as user 'qmaild'. In general this user cannot check the
existance of .qmail-files since it doesn't have access to all directories.
So it won't check whether .qmail-webmaster exists or not. It will only
check in the database if a user 'webmaster' exists or an alias
'alias-default' or 'alias-webmaster' or 'alias-webmaster-default'. If none
of these exist, it assumes the user doesn't exist and won't accept the mail.
This happens only if you _explicitely_ set allow_recipients_from_db to "yes".

This feature will work much better on your server if you stop using
.qmail-files and use the dotqmails-table. In fact: this feature is useless if
you don't use a dotqmails-table. You only  need to put  your
/var/qmail/alias/.qmail* files in the database: users can still have their
own .qmail-files.