Found the problem -- Re: trouble with alias

The key to the problem seems to be this param in
/var/qmail/control/sqlserver: allowed_recipients_from_db

Asssuming alias is defined for mydomain.com and I've setup in alias'
home dir .qmail-webmaster, if

    allowed_recipients_from_db yes

mail to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx will only be received when sent from a
host in my subnet or under mydomain.com. If mail is sent to
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx from an external source like Yahoo or Hotmail,
no errors, no logs will be given, and no mail will be received by
webmaster.

If I changed

    allowed_recipients_from_db no

then mail is received by webmaster just fine from hosts in my subnet
AND from external mail servers (Yahoo or Hotmail).

Is this the intended behavior and if so, why does it work for "local"
hosts and not external hosts when set to 'yes'.

P.S. I've already read the description at:

  http://qmail-sql.digibel.be/sqlserver.html

but am still confused by what the above param does.