[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
trouble with alias
- To: qmail-sql <qmail-sql@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: trouble with alias
- From: Caffeinate The World <mochaexpress@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:46:42 -0800 (PST)
- Delivered-to: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing-list: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
i seem to be able to send mail to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx from the
server where qmail-sql is running but not from a remote site like
yahoo.com or hotmail.com to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
i do have a catch all alias in my sql table for mydomain.com. i've also
verified this with:
# ./qmail-getpw webmaster mydomain.com
it seems to be working.
when sending mail from a remote host like yahoo or hotmail (i'ven't any
access from another system) to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx it doesn't even
show up in the mail log.
my alias worked fine til i moved to qmail-sql. one thing i had to do
was in the ~alias/.qmail-webmaster file i changed from a local user:
because i don't have melocal realservername.mydomain.com listed in the
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.