Re: SMTP auth rpm auth speed

Hi Thad,

Are they complaining about the actual authentication process or in general
about the upload speed ? Maybe they're using some kind of asynchronous
internet-connection in which the upload is way slower than the download-speed.
If they're only complaining about the authentication process, you should check
the options passed to your tcpserver. By default, tcpserver issues a
auth-request (tcp-connection on port 113) on each connection-attempt.
tcpservers waits for the answer _or_ a timeout. And that timeout can vary
in the ranges you mention. I think you can disable the auth-request with
the '-R' option of tcpserver.