SMTP auth rpm auth speed

Greetings,

I am using the SMTP auth rpm and have had several users complain about the speed when sending.

I have checked this from a few connections and it is more or less 30-60 second from different places.

All other speed test show no problem reaching the server and downloads are fine.  Users upload speeds are in the range of 128k-T1s.

Is there a way to accelerate the authentication process for sending? Or something in the patch that is inherently slow.

It personally isn’t a problem for me but I have a few clock watchers and they are troubled by the minute or so that the authentication process takes.

Thanks for your advice