From: Michael Devogelaere [mailto:michael.devogelaere@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 6:26 AM
To: Christian Bauer
Cc: qmail-sql@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: virus software and spam software

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 10:27:40AM +0100, Christian Bauer wrote:
> On 14 Nov (21:08), Michiel Van Opstal wrote:
>
> > I use with qmail-scanner (http://qmail-scanner.sourceforge.net/) and clamav http://clamav.elektrapro.com/.
> > On a 2000++ virtual host setup with qmail-sql.
>
> And this works? For every mail delivery, a new perl process is spawned
> and the scanner is running. Perl is huge. The code of qmail-scanner is a
> mess.
>
> Try qscan.
As fas as i understand the docs, it only works with Sophos ? Qmail-scanner
supports a variety of (possibly better) virus-scanners and even allows you
to combine them. I also didn't find the possibility to fix mime-headers.
Perl is indead a huge process to start, but qscan doesn't look like a viable
alternative to qmail-scanner (to me).