Re: qouta handling

Jens Franke said:
> Hi,
>
> how did quota work with qmail-sql ?
>
> We noticed that qmail-smtpd doesn´t check the quota.
> According to the sources qmail-local checks for quota.
> But only the maillog shows up a message:
>
> [...] delivery 18: deferral: Quota_exceeded/
>
> And the mail is hold in the queue until some spaces is freed
> in the users home.
>
> There is no other way to discover an Quota_exceeded than scanning the
> logs. Why doesn´t qmail-smtpd checks the qouta and give an error at smtp
> Process ?
>
> bye,
> Jens

I thing you are pointing out your problems to wrong list. This one is just
about qmail-sql patch and not qmail itself.

Anyway, this patch might solve your problems:
http://www.qmail.org/qmail-1.03-quotas-1.1.patch

I also recommend you to look at http://www.qmail.org where lot of good
stuff is available.

--