[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Can checkpassword authenticate using SHA1 method ?
- To: paulus@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Can checkpassword authenticate using SHA1 method ?
- From: Michael Devogelaere <michael.devogelaere@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 23:56:15 +0100
- Cc: qmail-sql@xxxxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <no.id>; from email@example.com on Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 01:18:35PM +0000
- Mailing-list: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- User-agent: Mutt/184.108.40.206i
I'm not entirely sure, but i think courier-imap can authenticate with
MD5, SHA1 or crypt()-passwords. At least the source of the authlib includes
the necessary code. Courier-imap can handle both imap and pop3 and i think
this handles your problem. UW-imap possibly also knows SHA1-stuff, but cannot
handle pop3. The checkpassword-plugin cannot handle it either, so i think
you need courier-imap.
Qmail-sql doesn't care about passwords. Just make sure your password-field
is big enough to contain the SHA1-password.
On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 01:18:35PM +0000, paulus@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi, qmail-sql-ers,
> I am currently using qmail-ldap with users authenticated with SHA1 method.
> Due to needs to share data with other SQL applications, I plan to switch to
> But how to migrate those users that already authenticated by SHA1 encryption method.
> Is there a clue or solution ?