smtp-auth compile problem...

Greetings list,

  Having dramas incorporating smtp-auth...

  I can't get the auth and sql patches applied simultaneously - I've
tried both ways around, and get a chunk error either way...

  So, I dl'ed the patched tarball (as I'm running Debian), and changed
the relevant header stuff. When compiliing, it chokes with :

auto-str.c: In function `main':
auto-str.c:15: warning: return type of `main' is not `int'
./load auto-str substdio.a error.a str.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsyncdir
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [auto-str] Error 1

  Any idea what I'm missing here?

--
Cheers,
 Mattt                            icq   : 117539757

     What's got four legs and an arm?  A happy Pit Bull...