Re: dotqmail

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 04:11:24PM +0200, Michiel Van Opstal wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 01:24:28PM +0200, Klemen Vodopivec wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >   I would like to know, hot to implement simple .qmail file within
> >   sql. I'd like for one user which home dir is /home/user to redirect
> >   all his mail somewhere else. With standard qmail configuration this
> >   is done via .qmail file in his home dir, how to do this withi sql?
> You still can use .qmail files
And you can also put them in the database. More info can be found on
http://qmail-sql.digibel.be/layout.html
You put _exactly_ the same in the field 'dotqmail' as you would write in
the .qmail file.

> >   Another question, is there a way to do alias with this patch? I
> >   mean, I'd like name.surname@xxxxxxxxxx to redirect to
> >   someuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx without making home directory for this
> >   user on local machine.
> I think you bether use dotqmails for this.
Of course. And it works quite similar to the standard qmail: through the
user 'alias'. Suppose you want to forward your mail for 'sales@xxxxxxxxxxxx'.
- first make sure qmail actually queries the dotqmails-table for the user
  'alias':
  update passwd set use_dotqmail='1' where login='alias' and
                                           virtual_host='mydomain.com'
- insert the alias in dotqmails:
  insert into dotqmails (login,virtual_host,extension,dotqmail)
                 values ('alias',
                         'mydomain.com',
                         'sales',
                         'john@xxxxxxxxxxxx
the@xxxxxxxxxxxx
ripper@xxxxxxxxxxxx');

Note that this is not the same as defining forwarding for an _existing_
user. Suppose you already have a user 'sales@xxxxxxxxxxx' and want to
create a temporary forwarding:

  update passwd set use_dotqmail='1' where login='sales' and
                                           virtual_host='mydomain.com'
  insert into dotqmails (login,virtual_host,extension,dotqmail)
                 values ('sales',
                         'mydomain.com',
                         '',
                         'john@xxxxxxxxxxxx
the@xxxxxxxxxxxx
ripper@xxxxxxxxxxxx');

I hope this solves all questions about dotqmails.