[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: HELP: case sensitive userids
- To: amol@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: RE: HELP: case sensitive userids
- From: Michael Devogelaere <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 14:35:35 +0200
- Cc: qmail-sql@xxxxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing-list: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- User-agent: Mutt/188.8.131.52i
I think login-names are always considered case-sensitive: even if you try to
log in on the console, you need to take care about the exact case of each
letter. POP-authentication isn't different here: it's case-sensitive too and
i think it's always been case-sensitive ?
You should indeed login as amol@xxxxxxxxx and not as Amol@xxxxxxxxx
> I am using qmail, qmail-sql patch and postgressql database for my email system. But I think qmail has become case sensitive for authenticating users. I tried to search on the web but could not get anything. Is anybody facing the same problem? Please help?
> Details: When you create account as say amol@xxxxxxxxx in the give email system and while authenticating using POP if you give userid as Amol@xxxxxxxxx, it gives authentication failure.