Compiling qmail-sql in RH 7.1

I'm hoping someone could help me solve this problem.  I'm getting an error
when I try to compile qmail with the qmail-sql patch.  I'm using RedHat 7.1,
qmail-1.03, and the latest qmail-sql patch.

"In function 'my_uncompress': my_compress.o(.text+0xa2): endefined reference
to 'uncompress'"

After some research I have found the some users had the same problem with
PHP and mySQL and they solved it by adding some parameters to the config
file to include the zlib stuff.  Unfortunately I can't figure out how to do
the same sort of thing with qmail.  I'm learning a lot doing all this stuff,
but obviously not fast enough :).

-Stan Pratt