Re: New to qmail-sql: store password help

If you have Perl on your system, you could use:
  perl -e 'print crypt (password,salt)'.
The salt is just a string which perturbs the algorithm in a certain
way. Only the two first characters are used. They should be in the range
[a-zA-Z0-9./].
If you don't have Perl installed, you could use the following program:
/* Compile with
 * cc     codepasswd.c   -o codepasswd -lcrypt
 */
#define _XOPEN_SOURCE
#include <unistd.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
  if (argc != 3) {
    printf ("Syntax: %s password salt\n", argv[0]);
    return 1;
  }
  printf ("%s\n", crypt(argv[1],argv[2]));
  return 0;
}

Kind regards,
Michael Devogelaere.