Re: Authentication problem.

Hi,

Since checkpassword works with at least one user, i'll assume you compiled
it ok. But what was the patch-error ? You can turn on logging in mysql by
adding 'log=/var/log/mysqld.log' to my.cnf (redhat 7.1). my.cnf looks like:

[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
log=/var/log/mysqld.log

[mysql.server]
user=mysql
basedir=/var/lib

[safe_mysqld]
err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

After restarting mysqld, you'll see all queries in /var/log/mysqld.log.
I've reread your mail and noticed you're using netscape for mac. Is that
netscape 4 ? That one always 'forgets' to send the '@domain'-part but
netscape 6 (or mozilla) works fine.

Kind regards,
Michael.