Re: Authentication problem.

On Sat, 13 Oct 2001 00:20:44 -0400 (EDT) Homer Parker <hparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

HP>         Ok.. 0.net is the main domain... 2.com is a virtual domain beng
HP> hosted.. 1.0.net is tha machine name that it's actuall y running on, as
HP> there's another mail server answering for 0.net while working on the new
HP> one. Everything works for receiving mail. Everything works sending mail...
HP> test can pop his mail... hparker gets "authorization failed".. Both
HP> passwords are the same, crypted the same, and look identical in the table..
HP> There is nothing in any logfile saying why it failed.. The pop3 log shows a
HP> connection is all.. I've tried putting the name in the mail client
HP> (Netscape mail on a Mac) as hparker, hparker@xxxxx, hparker/@2.com.. There
HP> is mail in the Maildir/new directory, and the permissions are correct.. Ok,
HP> they match what works for test ;) I'm at a loss here as to where to look
HP> for the problem :( Any help appreciated..

        Taking to myself already ;) I forgot to include that all of the
tests with qmail-getpw check fine..

--
Homer Parker (The Bogus One)

http://www.homershut.net
telnet://bbs.homershut.net

This e-mail message is 100% Microsoft free!

WARNING: THIS ACCOUNT BELONGS TO A RABID
ANTI-SPAMMER NET-NAZI DOT-COMMUNIST.

   /"\
   \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign
    X      Against HTML Mail