Válasz: qmail-pgsql 0.16

Hi Michael!

I have a question about qmail-pgsql: does it need different init.d script than the unpatched qmail?
I have a strange experience. Everything works fine if i start qmail manually with something like this:

export PATH

qmail-start ./Maildir/ splogger qmail &

#script ends

However when I put this script into /etc/init.d/qmail (the script above is simplified and leaves out the argument parser) and link it to /etc/rc2.d/S88qmail (on a Solaris 8 X86 machine) it never-ever starts when the computer boots. I logged the process with different settings, for example with the same PATH, that I have when I log in as a root, but nothing happens.
When this script runs postmaster is already running (of course).
When I start the qmail daemons manually they run for weeks without a glitch, deliver and send mails for virtual users without problem.

What could I leave out?

Thank you for your help

Michael Devogelaere <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>

2001.07.31 08:56

                    Címzett: qmail+pgsql@xxxxxxxxxxx
                       Tárgy: qmail-pgsql 0.16

Qmail-pgsql 0.16 is now available on http://www.digibel.net/qmail+pgsql.
This version can read the contents of the .qmail from the database.

Kind regards,
Michael Devogelaere.

Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies
the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry
penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more
careful about what they say if they had  -- Linus Torvalds