Re: [qmail+pgsql] Delivery of messages to db users

Sorry for the long respondtime: i've been busy ;)
Yes: i'm running a web mail service on the patch: IMP
(http://horde.org/imp).
The patch does basically only alters qmail-getpw.
However some more programs needed changes because:
- i wanted to implement quota in the database by running a
  sort of 'du' in the homedir. There's only one program running
  with the userid of the recipient and that's qmail-local.
  Since i (and a lot of others) wanted to avoid quering the
  database twice (qmail-getpw and qmail-local), qmail-getpw
  gets the quota and passes them as a parameter to qmail-local.
  That's the first modification to qmail-local: parse the extra
  parameter. The second is of course to get the diskspace used
  by the user and compare it with the quota-parameter. It rejects
  the delivery if the user is already over quota. This isn't how
  regular quotas work. Suppose you have a quotum of 5 MB and you
  occupy 4.9 MB and receive a mail of 10 MB. Well, that mail of
  10 MB will get deliverd !
- qmail-lspawn invokes qmail-getpw. Since the patched qmail-getpw
  needs two parameters (login and domain), qmail-lspawn splits the
  email-address in two parts: login and domain, and passes them to
  qmail-getpw
- qmail-send was patched to get 'locals' from the database: all hosts
  listed in this table are considered local: users within these domains,
  will be searched in the passwd-file.
- qmail-inject isn't patched.
What errormessage did you get ?

Kindly regards,