Re: [Qmail+PGSql] qmail-getpw : segmentation fault

Hi,

do not post in html please.

I'll try to answer your question.

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 04:40:33PM +0900, ±è°­Áø wrote:

>   [button.php3?id=rjfxyrjgiyngqcvjxyl&user=tetris78]
> hi..
> I'm tetris.
>
> I need help about qmail+pgsql.
>
>  Segmentation fault Error :
>  When /var/qmail/bin/qmail-getpw executing .
>
># /var/qmail/bin/qmail-getpw test localhost
>Segmentation fault

I had this problem too. I also noticed that qmail-pgsql-0.15 did not complain
the same as qmail-pgsql 0.14. O.15 segfault when 0.14 do say nothing.

Make sure you didn't make a typo in your control/sqlserver. I was sure my
sqlserver conf file was correct, I had read it ten times or more, but I had
missed a f**cg letter in a variable. The segmaukt may certainly come from a typo between
the name of your variables in the sqlserver and your database. If you are sure
your conf file is correct, dump the connection between qmail and postgresql.

> I have no idea Why Error happen.
> I guess.. Because "/var/qmail/bin/qmail-getpw" owner is not equal
> connectionstring user. So this Error happen.
>
>  ( qmail-pgsql-0.15.patch : sqlserver.c ) is open
>  control/sqlserver, right ?
>  And then, Is "/var/qmail/bin/qmail-getpw" access pgsql account table
>  ( about qmail, ex : users )  ? In connectionstring user use?
>
>   Do I create file ( /var/qmail/control/sqlserver ) before
>   qmail source make ?

No matter. You can create sqlserver after qmail is installed. You can remove
it, and recreate it. All you need is stop and start qmail.

>	And is "sqlserver : dbtable_field name ( must be 'passwd' ),
>	login_field name ( must be 'login' ) file inside configure "
>	just absolute ?

I'm not sure I understood your question. You can give whatever name you want to
the field 'till you declare the correct value in sqlserver.

Hope this helps. Philippe.

>	 help me, please.

PS:

I don't think that segfaulting is a good answer... Maybe would it be possible
to first check if the conf file sqlserver is correctly written, then check the
field names with the database and finally make the request.

my 2 cents...

--
Philippe BARNETCHE

AGISphere
14, Boulevard Vital Bouhot
92200 NEUILLY/SEINE
01 47 45 99 92
06 10 01 68 11

"He who sacrifices functionality for ease of use
loses both and deserves neither."