Re: New to qmail+pgsql

> You can of course set the same limit on the number of pop-connections, but
> users won't like it i think (they don't care about the qmail-limit, since they
> don't notice it); so the pop-connections (i think imap too .. Alex ?) cause
> most load.

It's not something I've tested specifically, but "load" is a pretty relative
term anyways. I can say that less than 1% of queries (not load) to my database
are coming from the IMAP server. It's the least of my worries. :)

P.S. I run IMAP under the control of tcpserver (http://cr.yp.to/ucspi-tcp.html)
instead of inetd. This also allows you to set the maximum number of
simultaneous connections, but I doubt I've ever hit it.

--
Alex Howansky
Wankwood Associates