Re: 50% Success!

> What I found, is that if I remove 'host=localhost' from the connectionstring
> in /var/qmail/control/sqlserver, it connected to the postgresql server on
> localhost..

This is most likely because you've started the postmaster without the -i
option, which enables TCP/IP communication. By leaving out the 'host=', the
postmaster will use unix domain sockets instead. This is probably a better
choice, since it should be faster (no TCP/IP overhead) and more secure (no
daemon listening on port 5432).

--
Alex Howansky
Wankwood Associates